May 12, 2012

Easter Recap

Easter
Oops...I realized I never blogged about Easter. 
The Easter Bunny came & brought everyone a Basket. 
 
Then we were off to church

I found it sad that the weeks leading up to Easter, our Bishop & Relief Society President reminded, encouraged, & basically begged us all to come to church on Easter.  When you think of the reason we celebrate Easterit seems a little strange NOT to go to church on Easter.

Mackay gave a talk in Primary - you can read it here on his blog.  It was sweet.  He spoke about my mom's journey to heaven.  I was helping in Primary so I got to watch him give his talk.  I was so proud of him.  He did a wonderful job. 

After church - we had our Family Easter Dinner.  
With the beautiful weather, some of us sat inside & some sat out. 
 
Then we had our annual Easter Egg Hunt.  
In our family, if you are NOT a parent then you get to hunt for eggs.  
They all know some eggs hold money.  I giggled watching the older kids Shake the eggs to decide to keep them or not (each kid is only allowed 10 eggs).  They kept the eggs that felt "empty" assuming they had the "dollars" in them.  Once everyone came in & opened their eggs, some were happy but many were disappointed to find silly putty.  :)
 
 
But the best part of our Easter Dinner 
were in town to join us.  
We sure miss them.
 HAPPY (belated) EASTER!!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Beautiful table settings. Love the color yellow. So cheery and uplifting. Great pic of Adam and Stephanie. Hope they are well.