November 12, 2010

Mackay Turns 9

Sunday night or Monday morning - 2001 - just after midnight. I walked in to Magee's Women's Hospital in downtown Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. My ob/gyn felt that babies should come when it is convenient for the parents. I chose November 12, 2001 to have my baby.

After a loooooooooooong morning with little progress (a lot of pain but little progress), I decided to get the epidural and then get some rest. It was a good time for Aaron to go get lunch with his good friend Jeff Hanzon. His darling wife, Alyssa, was playing the role of "mother" to my 5 yr-old Mackenzie. I planned to drift off to sleep.

Aaron left. I closed my eyes. The rhythm of my baby's heartbeat sort of calmed me as I tried to drift off into dreamland. Then that rhythm stopped, then started, and then stopped again. My nurses hurled back into the room. My doctor followed. "It was time to deliver that baby".
Luckily Aaron ate fast and made it just in time.
Mackay Ryan Hall arrived at 1:19 pm. If you ask me to name ONE thing about Mackay - One personality trait, One characteristic, One way to describe my little boy ... I will always say ... "He has an amazing HEART". His heart made a big difference that morning/afternoon. His heart continues to make a difference in the lives of those around him.
He is a kind, warm, loving little boy with a Huge Heart!! I love you so much and am so grateful I get to be your mom.
Happy Birthday Mackay!!

6 comments:

amanda said...

Happy Happy Birthday Mackay!!! Your mom is right--you do have a big heart. We just love you and wish we could be there to celebrate with you. Have fun at your party!!! Have a GREAT day!!

Alyssa said...

I will forever remember the day Mackay was born. Just another one of the many awesome Pittsburgh memories we share. We were so excited for you and Aaron to have a little boy join your family. We adored having Kenz stay with us. And it was such a sweet time, during the Thanksgiving holiday season, to have a precious little baby to hold and love. Happy Bday Mackay!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Mackay!!!

Debbie said...

Happy birthday, Mackay!

amanda said...

I LOVE IT. It is great. janey

Merilee said...

Such cute pictures!!! He really does have big heart, and is such a great kid. I'm so glad I got to have him in Scouts and was able to get to know him better.