July 30, 2022

Taylor's Baby Shower

 Letter to Tay


Grandma Kathy’s last calling was Compassionate Service. At night, when she sat down with Grandpa Earl to watch TV, she would sew baby blankets. She was creating a gift to give the young new mothers in her ward. When she got sick, she gave all the blankets to the Relief Society President so she could continue to give them away. 


I knew my mom’s time on earth was coming to an end and I felt a sense of panic. I desperately wanted to bottle up her love and influence so when I needed her, I would have her. 


One night I had an overwhelming feeling to go and get those blankets she had made. Per tradition, Grandma Kathy made a blanket for each one of her grandchildren. My brothers Adam & Josh had yet to have kids. I needed those blankets for my brothers’ babies, the grandchildren my mom would never meet on this earth. I felt it would be a little gift from heaven from Grandma Kathy. 


With her permission, I got those blankets back. Every grandchild has received their own blanket made by Grandma Kathy. 


Soon you will have a little piece of heaven join your family. I know Grandma Kathy won’t miss that special day. She will be there as you welcome your little girl into this world. So here is one of those special blankets, chosen, sewn, even wrapped by Grandma Kathy. I hope each time you wrap Pepper up in this gift, you will smile and know how much my mom loved you and loved your little girl. 

______________________________________



This small gift is a gift from Grandpa Earl. Becoming a mom is the greatest blessings you will ever experience. He wanted you to have something of Grandma Kathy’s for this special time in your life. xoxo 


No comments: