October 11, 2017

Aunt Carole Passes Away




1940 ~ 2017
Ruth Carole Dorius Detamore of Salt Lake City passed away October 9, 2017, in Clearfield, UT following a long illness.
She was born January 16, 1940 in Washington DC to Earl N. and Ruth L. Dorius. She grew up in Northern Virginia and Salt Lake City attending Falls Church High School and graduating from East High School in Salt Lake. She later attended Santa Monica City College in California, and BYU. She married John David Allison (later divorced) then married John Payne Detamore on December 20, 1971. She was employed at Andrews and Hill Air Force Bases.
Carole is survived by her brother, Earl Fredric Dorius, a stepson John Les (Jill) Detamore, four stepgranddaughters, four nieces and two nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband John Detamore.
A private gathering of the immediate family will be held to honor Carole on a date yet to be determined. Buried, Salt Lake City Cemetery.
Published in Salt Lake Tribune from Oct. 14 to Oct. 15, 2017I saw my aunt Carole a few weeks ago and knew it would probably be our last visit. She passed away Monday. Today my dad, Ashley, Josh, & I cleaned out her room. It made me realize, once again, how grateful I am for my family. I am lucky to belong to a family that loves, supports, and serves. As we threw away "things" it is clear what really matters in life...  ðŸ’™ #families @ The Chancellor Gardens of Clearfield










No comments: