October 20, 2012

Turning 40!!

Birthday Celebrations!!
Sunday, Oct 7th ~ Party at Dad's
Dad hosted dinner & went all out with decorations & familiar dishes.
Then to my surprise, my family broke the rules & gave gifts. 
My sisters had several of MY favorite things wrapped in a bag.  The bag also included a list of some THEIR favorite things about me - which was MY FAVORITE thing in the bag.  

My dad's gift was very special too. 
In January 2008, Mom stayed with my kids while Aaron & I vacationed.  We thanked her with a Lladro to add to her collection.  She put it in her curio next to her other Lladro Ballerinas.  
After she passed away, I hoped that one day, I could have it.
Dad wrapped it up and gave it to me.  Needless to say my feelings of gratitude came flooding out my eyes.  I was surprised and so thankful.  


Aaron's gift came in the form of a VACATION!!
Sunday, Oct 14th ~ Cabo
We stayed at Villa Del Arco Resort & Spa.


Monday, Oct 15th ~ Rain

Tuesday, Oct 16th ~ Hurricane Paul





Wednesday Oct 17th ~ Walked into Town

Thursday Oct 18th ~ Scuba Diving for Aaron







(I stayed by the pool :) )

Friday Oct 19th ~ Aaron rents a Wave Runner






Saturday Oct 20th ~ Home

It couldn't have been a better birthday!!
Thank you to all my family for making my 40th special!!  
I am so blessed.




2 comments:

amanda said...

For all you do for others, it was fun to have a part in giving back. I'm glad you had a great vacation and I'm glad you felt loved. You definitely are from over here in Indiana:)

Alyssa said...

40 is the new 20. And you look it! So young and beautiful. Glad you were whisked away for your bday. Looks like fun (and scary, too). Great pics. So happy to hear you enjoyed many great bday celebrations. When you have some free time - let's catch up!