December 30, 2010

Christmas Highlights

Christmas Morning -
Waiting to go upstairs to see what Santa brought...



The Favorites from Santa

Kenzie's Guitar


Mackay's Jersey & Fathead


Hayden's Big Ironman

Brunch!! A family tradition.








Everyone was HAPPY!!


This month, I have had several conversations with Aaron and my brothers and sisters about Christmas. We have talked about:
*our childhood memories of Christmas - thank you Josh for compiling almost 35 years of Christmases on one DVD.
*our schedules - trying not to run ragged but to still make the holiday feel "special" - caroling, temple lights, birthday parties & lunch, etc.
*how it is hard to feel the"magic" of the season when you are the one trying to provide it.
*how we still miss Mom this time of year - thank you Jenn for the Steno Note Pad and Pen :) and Ash for starting "Kat Bean Art".
But I must say this year was one of the best for me.
It was HAPPY! It was FUN! It was FILLED.
Some days were even MAGICAL!!
I am glad that my husband & kids took a few minutes EVERYDAY to do something to celebrate the season - Thank you Aaron for being a good sport and supporting me in all the crazy ideas I throw at you and our kids - "endearing trait, Babe, endearing trait".
I am glad that we are continuing family traditions that my mom and dad (& grandparents) began when we were little.
I am glad that most of my family lives close (we miss you, Manda) and is willing to get together often for the holidays.
I love this season. It is a joyful season. It is a season of giving and gathering.
Most importantly, it is a season to celebrate the birth of our Savior.
It is because of Him that we can continue to gather our families through out the eternities.
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and that it was as Happy for you as it was for me.

1 comment:

amanda said...

I'm glad you had a happy holiday season. Mine was hard and I am glad it is over--bah humbug!! I am looking forward to the new year though and changing my attitude:) And the countdown begins for my trip to Utah (Tobe prays every night that we can go to Utah tomorrow safely)
Thanks for the pictures!!!